Tuesday 27 April 2010

Don't take Liberty for freedom!

I took the decision to plan ahead for today.This may seem unusual for those Not at Liberty to plan their days but in my profession that is the choice i am at Liberty to make...the fault in this planning was the' Not planning' for unforseen circumstances!Subsequently my planning ahead was scuppered and i was left with a head full of plans of which none could now be applied! At this point i decided to' pump the tyres on my bike'.At least this was a constructive use of a reflective moment, whilst my mind was 'deconstructing' then'reconstructing' the mind-set i had already established..and to my minds credit(and not always the case)I have to say i was relieved at the way 'we' handleed the sudden change..I say we, as of course that is the dialogue i often have with my rational and irrational selves! On this occasion the rational triumphed,well at least temporarily.So the day was re-constructed,the tyres were pumped and the Studio finally beckoned!To this artist after a lean period of productivity the prospect of a studio day has been full of intrepidation as well as excitement..it can be a fragile line between balance and imbalance, ecstasy and anxiety, pleasure and pain if you will!
But hey that's the deal right!
Incarceration is as much the world of a creative mind as of any other..
Like i say don't take liberty for freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment