Thursday 29 April 2010

A good servant but a bad master !

These are the pertinent words that i received from a friend today.And indeed i concur with their sentiment..I recalled my recent sense of feeling incarcerated by my own thoughts and the trappings of an overractive mind!Any feeling that becomes intrusive may require attention but not to the detriment of all else..and i think this is the lesson..don't allow your heart to be overruled by your head!

Nothing much was overuling my body today!It was in deep revolt having stirred up viscous inks for printing yesterday.My old nemesis the 'tendonitis',flared up again and rendered me useless.In particularl my shoulders and elbows..a shiatsu massgage(pre-booked wisely!)remedied the immediate problem by relaxing the muscles in my body,pretty much everywhere!This however had the impact of what i can only imagine a lobotomy must be like!Total shutdown,mental and physical!Ah now,'the path of least resistance'principal springs to mind!But not at 1pm today when it might have ben useful.All i could do was try to resist,when i should be 'letting go'!
Evenyually i did work out how to relinquish my sense of protestant guilt!and just crashed out for an hour!
I awoke thinking of T.s Eliots Four Quartets and in particular No's One and Two..In my beginning is my End.. and..Time present and Time Past are both perhaps Present in Time Future..All relevant thoughts in relation to my sense of displacement from my body which i felt i had taken leave of!
Fortunately the'presence'of mind returned eventually and i am now able to recollect these moments with utter'consciousness'and affection!
Or maybe i have entered the twilight zone after all...
Signing off in perpetuity..!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment