Wednesday 28 April 2010

Let your spirit move you..!

This is my third blog in as many days and it is the voice in my' head ' that is compelling now.
Like other things that become'conscious', i start to wonder about their value and meaning .
The same is true of painting pictures. As soon as i think, "i know how to do this" and proceed to carry on,just as soon that clarity can dissapear.?.This question mark signifies that the process of life for me is not straight forward. And on the contrary, when the journey seems straight forward, the more demanding it can become!
It is in the process of doing that i become aware of how 'conscious' i am. If i am not conscious or in touch with what i am doing,the more i fidget and berate myself. The more 'feeling i have' or 'consciousness' in what i am doing, the more acceptance i seem to feel. At least in that moment!
It maybe a fragile state, but this still' feels like the place to be','teetering on edges of feelings',close to perfection and close to disaster at once!
Today was such a day!
I don't know if Suki was experiencing my sort of 'proximity to disaster', but she very much helped me to stay in the creative moment. By being present and integral to the mechanics of the process of screenprinting(which is what we were doing)
I do feel that 'presence' and 'mindfullness', can bring clarity and acceptance to the passage of life and work.
I should add that the screenprinting process requires a clear focus and some understanding of the mechanics of technique, important for making good prints!
But i'm not here as a technician, but rather to say that 'your presence of mind' does allow your creative spirit to move and i hope your spirit moves you..constantly!

No comments:

Post a Comment